Emigration from Bavaria to North America in the 19th Century
Bavarian archives store plenty of files
of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries providing shoals of genealogical
State Archives in Amberg,
Augsburg, Bamberg, Coburg, Landshut, Nürnberg and
Würzburg, however, have only started to produce digital
finding aids, using the FAUST software.
If you are interested to learn which records concerning your ancestors are stored in German archives, please contact us via Email.
Genealogical Relevant Records
– Emigration Files (Auswanderungsakten)
– Establishing Residency and Marrying Files (Ansässigmachungs- und Verehelichungsakten AVK)
– Real Property Tax Cadaster (Grundsteuerkataster)
– Vital Records
– Inheritance Files (Nachlaßakten)
– Vital Records (for ex. Jewish Registers and Jewish Catasters)
– Restitution and Compensation Files (Wiedergutmachungsakten, Entschädigungsakten)
A handout respectively the whole article “From Germany to North America in the 19th Century – The Bavarian Example” can be found here in the near future.